An Update: COVID-19 practices at your dental office
We hope that this post finds you and your families well! We wanted to send out an update regarding our continued response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
First, a big THANK YOU to you! We’ve been so incredibly fortunate that with our patient’s cooperation to our new policies, we’ve been able to continue doing what we love and help you maintain great oral health in 2020. We’ve loved getting to see our wonderful patients over the past 4 months and will continue to do everything that we need to do in order to keep our office a safe environment for both you and our team.
If you have not visited us yet, you will notice some changes when you come in for your next appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer have books, magazines, or coffee station. We will no longer give out children’s trinkets, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Patients will be asked to stay in their car until office is ready for their arrival. We will do our best to transfer patient to back office area in the shortest possible time.
*Please note that there will be a $15 charge per visit for new infection prevention cost.
Infection control has always been a top priority. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office always follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
The changes we implemented to our already existing infection control procedures will continue to remain in place to keep patients and staff safe.
- Use of air purification units Medify-25 with HEPA filter 13 in each treatment room, in the waiting area and in the front office area
- Use of AC duct covers to deflect air movement in treatment areas away from patients
- Use of hand held UV lights for sterilization of counter tops, pans, cc units and other areas
- Use of hand sanitizers throughout the office for patient and staff
- Patient, accompanier, staff members while going to the restroom: must wear face mask, wash hands with soap and water in the restroom, use hand sanitizer on reentry to the office
- Temperature check on patient and accompanier on arrival
- Temperature check on each staff member posted daily for patients to see in the arrival area
- A mouth rinse with hydrogen peroxide for patients before treatment
- Instrument cleaning and sterilization as recommended by CDC
- Daily morning staff huddles to reinforce new protocols
- Providing Level 1 mask to each patient and accompanier if needed for use during time in office and to take home
- Use of face mask by front office staff members: Level 3
- Use of face masks by clinical staff members: Level 3 or N95 depending on procedure
- Use of face shield, goggles or glasses by all personnel depending on location (front office or clinical areas)
- Covers for patient (reusable –laundered in office) one per patient visits
- Use of long (reusable-laundered in office or disposable) gowns changed after every patient
- Treatment rooms: use of disinfecting sprays, wipes for all areas (as before). We are adding plastic covers for other equipment such as monitors, keyboards, etc.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep every patient safe in our practice.
To ask questions or to make an appointment, please call or text our office at 713-977-1010 or visit our website at www.dorothypauldds.com
Thank you for your understanding and continued cooperation as we work together so that we can continue to care for you in the upcoming weeks and months.
Dr. Paul and entire team (Ingrid, Gigi, Damary, Erika, and Hugo)